Over the last year and a half, I’ve gone back and looked at my writing about Jewish holidays since 2005. I considered anthologizing it in a book or zine but settled on an online series instead. I’ve recapped my past articles and blog posts, which were penned mainly from the perspectives of veganism/animal protection and Jewish punk. Not every post has the same format, but they pull together my past writing about each holiday. Here is a roundup of my Jewish holiday roundups!
Holidays guide Jewish practice and community events throughout the year. They are familiar and resonant. I’ve devoted so much digital ink to them because they’re a timely way to break bigger topics down into accessible chunks of information and stories.
- Roundup: Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur (September 2021)
- Happy Hanukkah! (November 2020)
- The Tu B’Shvat Disorder! (January 2021)
- Purim Punk Performances, Pre-Pandemic (February 2021)
- Outstanding Passover Content All in One Place (April 2020)
- Roundup: Shavuot & Summer Holidays (May 2021)
- Shabbat Roundup (June 2021)
At long last, the “pandemic project” that I started in the first month of the pandemic is complete!